Monday, April 14, 2014

BICYCLE, BICYCLE

What now?????????

It’s all fine and good to have an idea, but where do I go with it now?

Pinterest of course. 
Idea central.

I started searching for images of grocery stores, coffee shops,cafes, corner stores, food display, front windows… Pretty much anything I could think of to feed my new obsession. It was heady stuff, let me tell you.
















And because I’m still a 10 year old girl way deep down, I also pulled out a notebook (cause stationary is still as awesome as it was then) and started writing down my thoughts.

One night at dinner I casually mentioned my idea to the kidlets… and it BLEW UP. It was awesome and funny and endearing; their enthusiasm for this scheme of mine. They quickly came up with ideas for names*, what we could sell**, how we could organize it***, how they’d work there after school, that they could help with deliveries using their bikes! 

*Drips & Chips, Happy Eats, The Peckish Bird, Got Food? - email me if you want to hire them as advertisers
**Penny candy, ice cream, Archie comics - exactly what you might think would top a kids list of purchases
***good bathrooms were surprisingly important to a 4, 8 & 9 year old


It was fantastic. And they really didn’t want to stop talking about it. Many nights, as dinner was ending, they’d sweetly ask if they could go and get ‘the notebook’ and ‘talk about Mummy’s store’. How cute is that?

But it was still such a crazy new huge ridiculous exciting idea for me that I didn’t talk about it with anyone else. Part of me didn’t want anyone to squash my dreams as being wacko, or tell me that it was impossible. So it was just me, Pinterest and my kids sharing a dream.

Until a ‘girl’s night’ with some of my mom-friends. The idea bubbled up, I can't remember how… and BAM – total enthusiasm and support. 

It. was. awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment