Monday, April 21, 2014

SO RAISE YOUR GLASS


From Photobucket - not our actual food!

There may have been liquor.


There may have been cheese,
and bread,
and salt,
and carby-sugar products.

Some of those might have been consumed while ideas flew around the room like a hundred excitable and fairly hungry bats.

But I'm certain those had little to do with the enthusiasm, interest, and ideas that this group of women explored that night. Highly intelligent women, women from all walks of life, with broad experiences and interests and viewpoints. And it was that positivity that really helped cement this idea as something that could potentially succeed.


A couple of them were especially excited because they'd had a similar idea, especially for our particular neighbourhood. It is just screaming out for a good cup of ethically sourced coffee, a good locally baked loaf of bread, a good penny candy jar, a good 'vibe', a good sense of community. I wasn't surprised that someone else had thought of all these concepts before (these were awesome women after all!); I was thrilled by it, supported by it, inspired by it.

But how does someone go from AWESOME-EST IDEA EVER, to brick and mortar storefront?

With a crap-load of effort, and MONEY.

Did I mention money?
Ya, money. It's a bit of a kicker that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment